DDUGKY (Ministry Of Rural Development)

In order to ensure complete social and regional inclusion the following special schemes have been launched;

Himayat:

Skill Empowerment and Employment in J&K (SEE J&K) Scheme

Objective

The objective of the SEE J&K project is to provide options and opportunities to all youth in J&K, ranging from school dropouts to college educated, to select training program for salaried or self- employment as per their interest. The placements will be in the private sector, both within and outside J&K.

Concept

SEE J&K Scheme is a placement linked, market driven skill training programme for J&K youth. MoRD will be the nodal agency to implement the Scheme in J&K. The Centrally Sponsored Swaranjayanti Gram Swarozgar Yojana (SGSY) Scheme, which is currently implemented by MoRD and which forms the basis of this Scheme, is limited only to rural BPL youth. The proposed scheme for J&K will be a Central Sector Scheme, and will cover all youth: from rural and urban areas, and, BPL and non-BPL category. This scheme will cover 1 lakh youth from J&K in the next 5 years and will be implemented through competent training providers, from the private sector and non-profit organisations. The scheme will cover training for salaried employment as well as self-employment. It is estimated that 70% funds will be used to provide salaried employment linked training, and the remaining 30% for self-employment linked training. The training providers for placement linked skill training will give a 75 percent placement guarantee for the trained youth.

Key Features

MoRD will implement the Scheme

The project will provide placement-linked, market driven skill training to one lakh J&K youth in next 5 years.

Training for salaried as well as self-employment will be provided. 70% funds will be used to provide salaried employment training, remaining 30 % for self-employment training. Guidelines for SEE J&K Scheme

Different training strategies will be used for different groups - dropouts, illiterates etc.

MHA shall develop a mechanism to verify and screen youth selected for training under this Scheme

All training centres shall install biometric device for attendance, and youth selected for training will be provided a UID Card.

Contact Info

PHD House, 4/2 Institutional
Area August Kranti Marg,
New Delhi 110016

+91-11-26863801-04 : 49545454

Email: phdcci@phdcci.in

Location

Visitors :   free counter

Copyright 2018 PHD All rights